The Start Location for this event is Cass Park Ice Rink, Ithaca, NY.
This ride is a clockwise loop around the Finger Lakes of NY, starting in and ending near scenic Ithaca, NY, and bringing the rider within "wheel-dipping distance" to all 11 lakes. The first hilly leg takes you from Ithaca on Cayuga Lake to Watkins Glen and Hammondsport at the south ends of Seneca and Keuka Lakes. The first 50 miles (Ithaca to Hammondsport) are hilly, so don't get discouraged! Next, you'll make your way to Bath and enjoy some flat roads as you go through the small towns of the Cohocton River Valley. A few climbs later, you'll drop like a rock to the westernmost lake, Conesus, and start picking your way to the north sides of undeveloped Hemlock and Canadice Lakes. Next, you'll curse the mile-long 10-15% grade up Burch Hill Road to cross over to Honeoye Lake. You may lose track of which lakes you are near as you pass through the historic downtowns of Canandaigua (Canandaigua Lake), Geneva (Seneca Lake), Seneca Falls (Cayuga Lake), Auburn (Owasco Lake), and Skaneateles (Skaneateles Lake). Finally, a southbound ride along the east shore of Otisco Lake and one more climb out of its valley will put you on track for a return towards Ithaca.
The last control is just shy of Ithaca, but you'll have the opportunity to ride the hill back to your car/bed after you are done.
- Ithaca: Ithaca 0 km/mi open: 05/20 05:00 - close: 05/20 06:00
- Bath: Bath 90 km (56 mi) open: 05/20 07:39 close: 05/20 11:00
- Cohocton: 122km (76 mi) open: 05/20 08:35 close: 05/20 13:08
- Lakeville: 176km (109mi) open: 05/20 10:11 close: 05/20 16:44
- Canadice: 197km (122mi) open: 05/20 10:48 close: 05/20 18:08
- Cayuga: 286km (178mi) open: 05/20 13:34 close: 05/21 00:04
- Homer: 370km (230mi) open: 05/20 16:12 close: 05/21 05:40
- Peruville: 389km (242mi) open: 05/20 16:47 close: 05/21 06:56
- Freeville: 400km (249mi) open: 05/20 17:08 close: 05/21 08:00